Alrighty, here we are. Here is the plan for Week 1 and 2. Which Starts January 10th.
Starting weight: 106.0 kg (taken Jan 9th after workout)
One hour class style training per week (Saturdays)
30 minute practice each day, minimum
10,000 steps (according to my VivoActive3) minimum
2km walk minimum daily, preferably outdoors
3 strength training workouts a week
Weekly one hour Pound Class (leading and partaking during the hour)
Martial Arts Teaching:
Starting: January 11
Kids Karate Practice 30 minutes weekdays
Kids Karate Classes 2 x 30 minute classes a week
Kids Kickboxing 1 x 60 minute class a week
What Does That Look Like:
Please note: Weight training (WT) days are flexible, the consistent part will be a day of rest in between.
20:4 Intermittent Fasting, essentially OMAD
Calories, keeping track but no real calorie goal other than making sure I get enough nutrients.
I imagine there will be some weight loss giving the potential calorie deficit with IF.
Being exhausted. The movement aspect of these two weeks is high, so I assume there will be some tiredness happening.
Going through at least one tube of Volteran.
I have no specific goal during Week 1 and 2. Really, I just want to get acquainted with how my body will respond with this plan.
Really my goals right now are centred around actually accomplishing what I have challenged myself to do.
Some Full Disclosure Notes:
- By January 10th, I will been following IF 20:4 for a week. I wanted to check it’s sustainability before committing to longer.
- I have done this strength training workout twice prior to January 10th.
- I suck at problem macro counting meal prep. Chances are the percentages I am aiming for will be off regularly. I will be sure to let you know.
- This is happening at the beginning of a lockdown with a curfew, so I will be getting my steps in earlier, which is likely to result in much higher step counts.
- I am returning to school during this time period as well. Because I didn’t think it was enough of a challenge (please read with heavy sarcasm).
Some Before I Start Thoughts
The fuel part is going to be the most challenging part for me. I struggle with macro balancing and have been unable to find a OMAD style meal plan that is a) free b) fits my macro ratio. But I am pretty creative and will try my best.
The stretching will also be a challenge. I am not very good about making it a priority. I have an app on my phone that has reminded me to stretch for 2 years now, every morning at 8am. I have done so twice during that time. Sure I will do an after workout quick stretch but never anything substantial or, in all honesty, effective.